This ricotta toast with beets, apples and pistachios was one of the funkier combinations. Admittedly it came about because I happened to have those ingredients on hand, and they looks visually appealing together. I have to say though, that it turned out great!
The pickled beets bring a nice acidity that is rounded out by the ricotta cheese. The apples are fresh and crisp, which are complemented perfectly with the nutty pistachio. I know it sounds like a weird combination, which it is, but it shockingly works together super well! If you’re feeling a little adventurous, here’s your food adventure of the day!
Hugs & kisses and all my best wishes!
- 1 Slice of bread
- 1-2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2-3 tbsp pickled beets, cubed
- 1/4 apple, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp pistachios, shelled
- Salt to taste
- Toast your slice of bread to preferred doneness.
- Spread ricotta cheese on toast, and top with cubed beets, sliced apples and pistachios. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- The measurements of ingredients are just a basic guideline and how much you use depends on your tastebuds, the size of your bread, etc.