The perfectly roasted garlic that you can put in basically anything – great for holiday cooking or everyday meals!
Roasted garlic is just a wonderful ingredient to work with. It is extremely flavorful and adds tons of dimension to whatever you’re cooking, but is mellowed out by the roasting process, so isn’t too offensive to anyone. It’s also great because it’s so easy to do and you can make however many or few you’d like!
THE BASIC STEPS
Cut the top off on the entire head of garlic. Drizzle the garlic with some olive oil (about 1 tsp per head), sprinkle with salt, and wrap in aluminum foil – enough to wrap around the entire clove. Then bake in a 400F oven for about 40 minutes, or until it’s golden brown. Once it cools you can just squeeze all the little cloves out of the bulb. Once these babies are out, you can incorporate them into basically any dish.
There are so many things you can do with your perfect roasted garlic into anything- add them mashed potatoes, spread it on a piece of toast, make some hummus, etc The possibilities are endless!
Hugs & kisses and all my best wishes!
- Bulbs of garlic
- Oil (1 tsp per bulb)
- Cut 1/4" - 1/2' off the top off the garlic bulb (enough to expose the individual cloves).
- Place each bulb (cut side up) on a piece of foil large enough to wrap around entire bulb (separate sheets per bulb). Drizzle 1tsp oil over the exposed garlic, and sprinkle with salt. Wrap each bulb individually with foil and place on a large baking sheet or in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once cooled, gently squeeze bulb, and the cloves should come out easily.
- Serving suggestions: Eat as is, spread it on bread, add it to mashed potatoes or pasta, or make hummus or other dipping sauce.